Tuesday, August 14, 2012

60 DAYS!

I'm not there yet, but I'm close, so close! I always told myself that when I make it 60 days, I'm going to buy myself a nice CTR ring. I've never had a nice one, and it would serve as a pretty reminder that I CAN choose the right because I HAVE chosen the right. And it would be a milestone marker that I could have forever.

I don't remember the exact date of my last incident. But on August 30th, if I'm still clean, I'll be beyond 60 days clean, and I will make that purchase.

I'm so grateful to my Father for standing by me, guiding me to Him, forgiving me, and ever, ever loving me. I haven't done a step of this alone.

I'm proud of my efforts, though, and grateful for God's constant grace, which far exceeds my efforts.

I still feel vulnerable. I still feel as though at any moment, I could throw this all away. I still feel like I'm IN it, in the middle of it, still an addict through and through.

But I'm a recovering addict.

I will continue to beg for God's guiding grace, and His mercy. I need Him, now more than ever, for I am in a crucial point of my recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell it like it is!