Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 1

I have set some goals. I'm limiting time on the computer, which is where I find the most temptation. But, as you know, the internet can be wonderful. For example, I found a talk today that I'd like to share with you. It's call Finding the Way Back by Richard G Scott. It's wonderful. Please read it. Here are some quotes from it that I found particularly helpful: "Please understand that the way back is not as hard as it seems to you now. Satan wants you to think that it is impossible. That is not true. The Savior gave His life so that you can completely overcome the challenges you face."

Another one: "Recognize that you’ll go through two transition periods. The first is the most difficult. You are caging the tiger that has controlled your life. It will shake the bars, growl, threaten, and cause you some disturbance. But I promise you that this period will pass. How long it takes will depend upon the severity of your transgression, the strength of your determination, and the help you seek from the Lord. But remember, as you stand firm, it will pass.

"The second period is not as intense. It is like being on 'battle alert' so that you can fend off any enemy attack. That, too, will pass, and you will feel more peace and will have increased control of your life. You will become free."

Read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell it like it is!