Thursday, August 5, 2010

depression

I don't think there's anything that makes me more depressed than sin. I used to take an anti-depressant but my prescription ran out and I haven't been back to the doctor. I thought I would just start exercising and everything would be ok.

I often seem to think the solution to my problems are a lightswitch. Somewhere, there's a switch I can click and everything will be fine.

I actually thought exercising might be that switch. But, no, I still sin. Al the time.

I'm not sure that I truly love my children but I am sure I don't want them to live without me. So I continue to live.

I do wonder what's the point, though. I'm always messing up. There's a good chance I'll keep doing the same awful things until I die. And that's an exhausting thought. And I'd almost rather just not live through it. But I can't do that to my kids. I don't think I'm THAT bad a mom that not having a mom is better than having me. Not quite.

I'm getting so confused about my emotions. I have no idea what I'm feeling. When I pray and ask God to forgive me, I cry. I sob, even. But I don't know why. Is it "Godly sorrow" or is it shame or is it selfish pity?

It seems wrong that I do all the things the bishop asks me and I am still as easily tempted as if I was disobedient. I just wish it would get easier. I wish it would just get easy. Is that selfish?

I think that maybe one day I'll get it. Maybe one day, I'll make it through all the episodes of temptation and I'll conquer. In that case, God, forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell it like it is!