Sunday, October 20, 2013

If Only For You

I was on my knees this morning, opening the day with prayer. I was talking to my Father about how wonderful it is that, even with the dark sins of my past, even with my addictions, that I can return to Him, all because and only because of His Son and my Savior. I talked to Him about how, when so many of His children repent- turn back to Him and away from sin- it must be worth it to have sent His Son to save us all, for the Father to have witnessed His inexplicable suffering. It must have been worth it to the Father to see the Son's pain when, because of His Son's pain, many will return, have returned, are returning. Because the Atonement has saved, is saving, and will save so many of us, it must have been worth it to the Father to allow His Son to suffer and carry such heavy burdens of all the world.

My point was, in that moment in prayer, to illustrate that because of the many who will live with the Father, the Atonement of Jesus was worthwhile to the Father.

As I said these words to Him, He interrupted, and before I could finish my sentence, my heart felt this message, as clearly as if it were spoken:

"But, Stephanie, it would be worth it if only for you. If you were the only one who repented and gained access into my Kingdom, all the suffering of my Son would have been worthwhile."

It is incomprehensible that I should mean so much to a God. But I believe it. A few years ago, I saw, on a local church's billboard, this message: "God loves each of us like there's only one of us." It's stuck with me all these years, and I believe it.

What an incredible tender mercy to have experienced this morning. Happy Sabbath.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so, too! It was a wonderful experience! Thank you for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is!