Friday, February 24, 2012

Fortifications

I think I know what happened.

I wasn't overwhelmed this time. I wasn't sad. I wasn't worried or fearful. I was simply tempted. And I was unprepared.

I admit this with no small amount of shame. All week, I've been receiving reminders that I need to study my scriptures, that I need to open up my ARP workbook and work. And I've been ignoring those promptings. Had I followed them, I believe that I would have been sufficiently strong to overcome the temptations that bombarded me last night.

I'm so sorry.

Onward, friends. I am reminded of my son's example to me when, after making a very bad choice, he didn't lock himself up in his room and pout; he went to work. He cleaned almost the entire house, without being asked. I knew he was sorry because he was working hard for me and his sister (the victim). I need to show God that I am sorry by working. Not by pouting in my bedroom. Not by beating myself up. Not by limiting my natural joy. I am not ALL bad! I can have some joy because I do other things right.

But I can't ignore the bad choices. I'm not sure how to balance it all, but I'm going to do what I can. The next time temptation comes, I'll be prepared. I'm sick of this.

2 comments:

  1. Oh snap. You are mapping your cycles! Awesome! This is so key to recovery. Figuring out what happened so in the future you can recognize the mouths of the paths that get you in trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is!