Sunday, December 5, 2010

Church

started 30 minutes ago. I am here, home, typing up a blog post. It's Fast and Testimony Meeting. Don't really want to hear the testimonies of people who don't sin as much as I do.
But I know that's a stupid lie. Well, not a lie, maybe, but a stupid reason to not go. Actually, the thought of going to church fills my soul with such great anxiety and dread, and I feel almost as though I simply cannot attend.
I'm going though. Now. Largely because I have a Sunday calling.

Just when I'm about to say to myself, forget it; there's no point in going, I counter with what I would tell someone else in my shoes. I would tell her to go. I would tell her God wants her there, and that God wants her back Home with Him. I would tell her there's no better place right now to receive the spiritual enlightenment that she so desperately needs right now. I would tell her go and find some peace.

But... I couldn't very well tell her that if I'd stayed home when I was in the same place.

I'm late. But I'm going. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell it like it is!