Sunday, November 27, 2011

What Happened

I've had a chance to reflect on yesterday's incident. I think I know what it comes down to. I think I ignored some warnings. I think the Spirit was reminding me that I needed to refocus on God's Word. I didn't once open up my scriptures yesterday.

You know, I gotta start taking this much more seriously. I am not in a position to be so spiritually lazy. I am not in a position to just ride through this, like I'm trying to do, if I'm honest with myself. It's time NOW to STOP the laziness. It's time to actively study, devour the Word. Every day. I can't afford not to! The time has passed for passive reading of the Scriptures. Now I must read each day with the intent to find something that will help change my heart.

I regret ignoring those warnings from the Spirit. I regret buying into the "false security" that Satan designed. I regret falling for one of his tricks.

I pray for humility.

I echo Nephi's words from 2 Nephi chapter 4 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul. O Lord, wilt thou redeem my soul? Wilt thou make me that I might shake at the appearance of sin?

I know in whom I have trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell it like it is!