Monday, April 14, 2014

The Miracle of the Atonement

I need to post daily but I don't know what to write about tonight so I'm going to post one of my favorite conference talks of all time. This talk was given just a few weeks after I attended my first ARP meeting. I remember weeping at the time it was given. I remember watching this talk over and over again on my DVR. I would play it in the morning as I was getting ready for work. I read it over and over, and I still go back to it frequently. The most astonishing thing to me was that Elder Grow's brother was called to be a bishop after his excommunication. I remember sitting in awe as I heard this story. I remember thinking that if someone who had lived a "hedonistic lifestyle" could come back from it, come back from excommunication and be a bishop, then maybe there was quite a bit of hope for me also. Maybe I could fully repent and forsake my sins. Maybe abstinence was possible.

With no further adieu,




2 comments:

  1. Whoa. I haven't watched it but just whoa at the thought of coming back to being a bishop. I pretty much have believed my church status and life will be over with excommunication. So you're right...just reading that IS hopeful. at least to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?! It floored me! I couldn't believe it! And yet, here was the picture of mercy. I hope you watch it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is!