Sunday, June 9, 2013

We Are Done!

Addiction,

We have been together a long time. You've been there for me every time I needed to escape reality. You brought me comfort. You gave me something to look forward to. You always welcomed me with open arms. I always believed we were inseparable.

But let's go over a few things. While you were always there for me, you never helped me. Not one time. While you brought me real comfort, you chased that comfort away shortly after you brought it to me. You abandoned me! You lied to me! You told me you would make me feel special. You told me you would help me think clearly. You told me you take the loneliness, the fear, the frustration, the anger, the anxiety and the confusion away. You were the polar opposite of everything you ever said you were. Every promise you gave, you delivered its opposite. You told me, time after time, that I could never live without you.

For a long while, I believed you. But now, now I see. I am better, far better, without you. You snuffed the me out of me. Every time I spent time with you, I was a terrible parent! You blinded me. I couldn't see anything but you when I was with you. I couldn't see Truth. You hurt me. Every moment we shared, though enjoyable at the time, ended up destroying my soul bit by bit. You brought me into depression. But you always said that we were meant to be. Destiny. We would be together forever.

Well I've got news for you. We are never ever ever getting back together! I'm done with your lies and your cunning manipulations. I won't let you bring me down anymore. I'm in charge of me, and you don't belong with me!

That said, thanks for making me so strong. I dedicate this song to you:

1 comment:

  1. is there a way to just straight up 'like' a post?!
    I'm all about it.
    #power

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is!