Monday, January 14, 2013

Not So Rosy

Today sucks.

Yesterday I was happy and on top of the world and sunshiny and excited and light and wonderful. Yesterday was incredible.

Today is the Hyde to yesterday's Jekyll.

I don't understand why. My circumstances are identical to yesterday's. My mood is drastically different. I woke up cheery enough. But, somehow, negative thought after negative thought slowly and methodically sneaked into my brain, and I let them stay. I didn't notice their arrival. But the time I noticed I was feeling awful about who I am, and thinking terrible things about myself, I had been doing it for HOURS, and the damage had been done.

I could have reversed it, I suppose, but I did not. I remained stressed and mopey and angry and fearful. And now I'm exhausted. I think negativity takes a lot of energy. I'm spent.

It's not fair. I'm mad that the negative thoughts took me by surprise. I am mad that I am believing them when I know they are lies. I'm mad that my life is awesome and my day is rotten.

I had to ask for help today. I hate asking for help. Not about this addiction- I'm okay asking for help about my addiction because it makes sense that I would need help about my addiction. I can accept that I need help to overcome this. It's okay. But there are other parts of my life that I should not need to ask for help about. And today I did because I felt like I had to because I had painted my own self into an impossible corner (remember that Mormonad? hehe) and I need help out of it but I SHOULD KNOW BETTER! I should NOT have this problem! I should NOT need the help I need because I should have known better.

I know, I know, I shouldn't say "should." I shouldn't say shouldn't either I guess. What am I supposed to say then.

I'm super upset but that's just today and I am hopeful that tomorrow will be sunnier.

6 comments:

  1. I've been in and out of this myself. Here's to hoping today will feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The sun'll come out.... tomorrow... bet you're bottom dollar till tomorrOW!! There'll be sun..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh so has happened to me. We've recently had to get church assistance just for food because over the Summer admist my addictions I just kinda squandered money. Now we're back on track but I feel like it's all my fault and I hate asking for the help! *SIGH!*
    Glad you share your real feelings. It'll be ok.
    FYI I so remember that MormanAd! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana, that is similar to what I'm facing now! It's so horrible. Thanks for your encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is!